Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The problem with getting an iTrip is...

I never really minded that my car's cigarette lighter was broken. I don't smoke cigs. That is, until DB bought me an iPod and an iTrip.

Then I started smoking up a storm. Not. But I did mind that the lighter was broken.

I went to an auto shop to get it fixed. I googled it beforehand and already knew that the problem was probably just the fuse (which DB or one of my other guy friends could have fixed), but I seriously couldn't wait any longer to rock out in my car.

I will never go to that damn place again.

While waiting for those dear auto guys to replace a simple fuse...

...I read Wicked.
I played games on my new iPod.
I watched Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
I watched All My Children. (ugh)
I read more Wicked.
I played more iPod.
Repeat.

I. Waited. Three. Hours.

It wouldn't have been so bad if I'd eaten beforehand. I'm a super-grump when I'm hungry.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the employee's children hadn't been running around the waiting room, through the garage, under the cars, and back into the waiting room. Headache central.

It wouldn't have been so bad if one of the children hadn't taken it upon himself to show me what was wrong with my car and then charge me $300 for it.

It wouldn't have been so bad it I hadn't waited an additional 15 minutes while the manager talked on the phone with one of his buddies.

Unfortunately, all these things did happen to me. And it sucked.

On the bright side, the boss didn't charge me for the fuse. And I can now rock out with my cock out to the most awesome music on the planet. In the most awesome car. With the most awesome boyfriend. I love DB.

1 comment:

rachaelgking said...

One of my exes was a complete douche, but he did get me a new stereo so I could play my iPod through it. Only thing he was any good for ;-)