Friday, July 24, 2009

Instead of Going to Work...

Job #2 has never been very good to me.

I've worked there longer than almost-everybody and I'm still getting less pay and less hours than other employees. A girl that's worked there half the time I have just got a big promotion. Even after I told my hot manager that I was planning on staying throughout the fall. I've always dealt with this and let the managers walk all over me. Until yesterday.

I was on call for 4 pm. Basically this means that I have to keep an open schedule until 2 pm, at which point I call in and find out whether or not they want me to work. Yesterday I had accidentally gotten myself scheduled to work at Job #1 as well, so I was hoping I didn't have to go in.

At 9fucking30 in the morning (read: very early for me), Job #2 calls. Wondering if I can come in immediately. My manager: "You may or may not work until 4. We can't make any guarantees." Translated: "Somebody else didn't show up so we're going to trick you into working your shift and theirs".

I lazed about in bed wondering whether or not to call them back. I already had plans with DB for the morning. And plans at night if you call working another job a 'plan'. I was pretty tired. Literally sleepy and tired of being treated like shit.

Can you guess what I did?

I turned off my phone, rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up at noon and spent an hour reading TMI Thursday posts. I compulsively bought iTunes songs. I went out to eat with DB and then went to the pet store. I had a blast working with my sister. I smoked. I laughed until my stomach hurt. I went out to eat again. I made the most out of a perfect day.

Fuck you, Job #2.

No comments: