Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Love Stinks

My relationship with DB is deteriorating.

He doesn't approve of my recent activities (read: smoking) and he hates my friends. Seriously. He told me so.

I hate this. I want him to smoke with me. I want him to like my friends. I don't want to be forced to split up my time to accommodate everybody. I'm always letting somebody down. If he didn't hate them we could ALL hang out allthefuckingtime.

They all love him, by the way.

I don't know what to do. The situation is seriously starting to wear on us and it's time to stop ignoring the problem. Is it finally time for DB and I to take a break from the relationship? You guys know I've been thinking about taking a break for a while (CN anybody??). The difference between then and now? I actually have a real problem on my hands now.

Nothing too serious of course. And DB is more than happy to sacrifice his happiness to stay with me.

But what I'm doing makes him miserable. He hates it. It makes him sick. Why does he still want to be with me? I don't understand.

Love.

I really don't want to quit smoking. For once in my life I've found friends that I really enjoy spending time with. And a lot of our time spent together is spent smoking. Go ahead and judge, haters. We're getting so close and it means a lot to me, especially after Marinegirl left.

So what do I do?

Things to consider:
1) He would consider this "breaking up"
2) "breaking up" would probably break his heart
3) No more UP trip

Anybody have advice for this troubled chica? Pweease? I need help.

3 comments:

Organic Meatbag said...

Any particular reason he hates your friends? Do you think he feels like they are a threat to his time with you? Like you care about your friends more than him?

Narm said...

You just need to figure out which is more important. Smoking and hanging out with your friends or your relationship. If you aren't ready to give those things up then you aren't ready for him and it's time to move on. If you think there is potential for him to be "the one" then it may be time to back off the other stuff.

But what is TRULY important - are they left handed cigarettes? And will you share?

Anonymous said...

Organic Meatbag: He's threatened by them because I've been spending more time with them but he also really believes that they're bad people. Because of the smoking and what not.

Narm: Of course I'll share!